Festival staffing positions include free housing (shared suites with private bedrooms) and one day off/week. Two meals/day provided during tech. Travel is the responsibility of the staff person, but local train and airport pick-up provided. CATF is a whirlwind of activity with a company of over 100 individuals living and working together. Work ethic, sense of fun, and a commitment to the art is an absolute must.
Box Office Manager
The Contemporary American Theater Festival seeks a Box Office Manager for the 2020 Festival season. The Box Office Manager manages the daily operations of the CATF’s ticket and patron service efforts, while overseeing ten Front of House Interns. The Box Office Manager works with Festival management to ensure the highest level of care and customer service for the theater’s patrons.
- Work with Festival Management to ensure responsive, efficient, accurate, and polite ticketing and patron services, including sales and donations, accurate accounting, and record-keeping
- Train and oversee Front of House staff and interns, who are responsible for box office, concessions and merchandise, and house management operations
- Assist and communicate with Volunteer Coordinator regarding scheduling and training volunteer ushers
- Assist and communicate with Group Sales Manager regarding group leaders, tickets, schedules, and educational experiences for groups
- Work with Festival Management to train Front of House staff on safety and emergency procedures
- Implement and adhere to Festival box office policies
- Bi-weekly meetings with the Public Relations Manager to discuss patron and ticketing trends and collaborate on responses to those trends
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous box office and/or customer service experience required
- Experience handling cash, deposit reports, financial reporting, and scheduling
- Experience managing, motivating, and leading a team
- Ability to work with the public, sometimes under high stress conditions
- Possess conflict resolution skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple independent and group projects with strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with both staff and patrons over the phone, through email, and in person
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Spektrix or other CRM system preferred
- Contract dates: As early as mid-May 2020 – August 5, 2020
- Campus housing provided
- Salary: Compensation based on experience.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls. Applicants who submit before March 15, 2020 will be given first consideration.
The Contemporary American Theater Festival prides itself in offering internships where you focus the majority of your time in your assigned department, while still working in the unique community that a rotating repertory season creates. The ideal applicants for all internship positions are positive, flexible, willing to learn, able to take direction, and work well in a collaborative environment. We ask that you apply for a specific department based on your strengths and passions as a theater artist. You may apply for no more than two departments, but if hired, you will only be assigned to one. Internships usually begin in late May and end in early August, running 8-10 weeks. Join us in historic Shepherdstown, the summer home for bold, new American theater.
CATF is proud to employ members of the following unions and associations:
Actors’ Equity Association
Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers, Inc.
United Scenic Artists
Due to limited staff resources, CATF does NOT accept unsolicited manuscripts unless submitted by an agent or an industry colleague. We apologize for not being able to read and respond to your script.
NYC auditions are handled by McCorkle Casting, Ltd.